Arctic Kingdom Narwhal & Polar Bear Safari May/June 2019 - For 2 People
Starting Bid: $6,725.00
# of Bids: 42 (bid history)
Auction Type: Dutch (example)
Starts: 05/24 at 9:00 AM (EST)
Ends: 05/29 at 9:08 PM (EST)(or ltr)
Listing #: 10319
Narwhal & Polar Bear Safari - May/June 2019 - For 2 People
Fly-in floe edge experience: See the elusive narwhal!
Experience the classic spring floe edge and view polar bears, narwhal and icebergs under the Midnight Sun. Travel to the northern reaches of Baffin Island where the sea ice meets the open water, and marine mammals and other wildlife congregate at the floe edge – also known as the “line of life”.
Enjoy a fly-in experience with aerial views of dramatic landscapes and icebergs of Sirmilik National Park, and possibly wildlife. Revel in the stunning landscapes of towering granite cliffs, glaciers and icebergs at our Premium Safari Camp set on an Arctic beach with stunning views of Bylot Island, and access to Sirmilik National Park and the world-renowned floe edge of Lancaster Sound.
Guided by Inuit and travelling in small groups, journey to the floe edge for days of discovery, possible narwhal watching and the chance to see a variety of sea birds, polar bears, seals and possibly beluga and bowhead whales.
Perfect for families, first-time visitors to the Arctic, and also professional photographers.
- Get aerial views of dramatic landscapes during a fly-in experience to our Premium Safari Camp in an exclusive location
- Experience the floe edge – also known as the “line of life”
- Observe the elusive tusked narwhal, from pods of one to hundreds
- Possible viewing opportunities for polar bears, harp seals, bearded seals, ringed seals, bowhead whales, and beluga
- Visit the Bylot Island Migratory Bird Sanctuary, which attracts more than 200,000 birds annually
- Journey by snowmobile and qamutik to traditional Inuit hunting grounds
- Enjoy tea made of melt-water from hundreds of years old glaciers
- Snorkel and kayak amongst sea ice and possibly with whales
- Experience the 24-hour daylight of the Midnight Sun
- Take in stunning panoramic views of granite cliffs and glaciers
- Enjoy hot, gourmet meals at our Premium Safari Camp
*Please remember that this itinerary is a guideline and may change due to weather and unexpected conditions.
2019 Expedition Costs Include
- Services of Inuit Guides and Arctic Kingdom expedition staff
- Charter flight to/from camp
All accommodations from Pond Inlet:
- 5 nights in Premium Safari Camp on land
- 1 night in Pond Inlet hotel
- All transportation for duration of stay in camp and in Pond Inlet
- Meals: 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and snacks, 6 dinners
- Use of kayaks
- Drysuit, mask, fins, hood, gloves for snorkeling
- Guided interpretive hikes
2019 Expedition Costs Do Not Include
- Round-trip flight to Pond Inlet from Ottawa (Ask about our special rates!)
- Accommodation in Ottawa
- Polar Clothing Rental Package
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Pond Inlet, Iqaluit or Ottawa
Iqaluit office: PO Box #6117 Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
In order to prevent fraudulent bidding, we require a valid Visa or MasterCard credit card to place a bid on any auction item. This credit card will be automatically processed to pay for the auction item if you are the winning bidder. In the event that your credit card fails to process, we will attempt to contact you, as a courtesy. However, we reserve the right to cancel this transaction.
Winning bidders are responsible for all additional taxes or duties associated with the item. Globe Auction will be collecting only the winning bid price and any applicable taxes have to be paid to the vendor directly when redeeming your purchase.
If you are the winning bidder, your winning bid amount will automatically be processed on the credit card you have on file. Any applicable taxes have to be paid to the vendor directly. Once payment has been processed, you can download your PDF claim voucher at Globeauction.ca in "My Account". Your voucher will include instructions on how to redeem your item.
Any warranty either implied or in writing is the responsibility of the vendor supplying the item and Globe Auction is in no way responsible for any warranty or service issues that may evolve from the use of the item or service. Upon receipt of the item or service the vendor will remedy any concerns or warrantable situations. If you have any questions about the auction, please email us at email@example.com.